Mold Allergy Symptoms
Molds come in a variety of forms and mutations. Molds usually grow in an environment between 70-80 degrees, which is the typical temperature range in an average household. Mold can grow in air conditioning ducts, damp wood, refrigerator filters, and anywhere you have a water leak.You can be enjoying a restful night of sleep when you are awakened in the middle of the night. You do notice that you feel congested and your nose starts to run. You run to the bathroom to blow your nose.
This same sequence happens night after night. You begin to suspect that you have an allergy to something in your house. If you experience allergy symptoms such as irritated eyes and stuffed up nose at night then you most likely have a mold allergy. This mold allergy can be frustrating unless treated properly.
Molds come in a variety of forms and mutations. Molds usually grow in an environment between 70-80 degrees, which is the typical temperature range in an average household. Mold can grow in air conditioning ducts, damp wood, refrigerator filters, and anywhere you have a water leak.
By morning your congestion begins to clear. Mold requires the absence of light in order to grow. Mold release its spores into the air during the nighttime dark hours. This may be a reason why you wake up at 3 o’clock in the morning. Your air conditioning unit has kicked in and is releasing mold spores into the air. These mold spores catch you when you are sleeping and your body responds with congestion, sneezing, wheezing, and adrenalin that wakes you up.
What can you do about a mold allergy?
There are many different molds that can grow in your home. It is hard to pinpoint exactly which molds are present because there are often a great number of mutations. You can search you house for any leaks and mold infested areas. These areas can be cleaned up with air filters, mold lights, and with an ozone generator. An ozone generator is the most effective tool at killing mold. Ozone generators produce an ozone gas that seeps into every crevice of your home. It finds virtually all the mold spores and kills them.
A mold allergy can keep you up at nights, but don’t let it. Invest in an air filter, mold light, and ozone generator to get rid mold. You will sleep much better and not have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night to a runny, itchy nose.
Educate Yourself About Toxic Mold
Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances.
Mold spores are ever-present in the air. Under ideal conditions, these naturally occurring and very resistant spores can take root in your home or workplace, or in your food. Molds make toxins (mycotoxins) that can change how you feel, how you think, and even how long you live.
Everyone is most likely at risk for toxic mold exposure, regardless of your geographic region, climate, socioeconomic status, race, age, or gender. As with most other medical challenges, awareness is your most powerful weapon.
About 25 percent of Americans are genetically inclined to experiencing serious illness from toxic mold exposure.
Exposure to molds have a variety of health effects depending on a person’s level of sensitivity to molds and their span of time they are exposed and the nature of exposure. Breathing in or handling mold or mold spores may cause health problems such as allergic reactions in vulnerable individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also create asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.
Because mold toxins are so unique and their effects are so extensive, symptoms of mold toxicity are complicated and varied, making it challenging for medical professionals to arrive at the correct diagnosis.