Water damage cleanup after a household or natural flood is a big job. It requires thorough inspection and assessment. In San Diego, Gold Coast Flood Restorations can handle that. We specialize in looking for leaks and cracks, water intrusion prevention, water damage cleanup and water damage protection. Our water damage restoration company is very thorough when it comes to looking for water damage and mold. We have trained technicians that know exactly what to look for.
- Leaks around the windows and doors of your property.
- Drainage systems that are not working properly.
- Sloping roofs that cause moisture intrusion.
- Vents that have leaks.
- Cracks in foundation or walls.
- Leaky piping, drains that are clogged.
Ways to Prevent Water Intrusion
- Sealants and caulking work to keep moisture out. It is important to keep them maintained.
- Vents should have hoods and work properly.
- Wastewater should be drained properly without spillage.
- HVAC systems should be checked for leaks in water lines, pumps and air handlers. There should be no blockages within the drain lines.
- To keep out condensation, ductwork should be insulated properly. If there are areas on or in your property that continue to attract moisture, you will have to keep them wiped off.
Water Damage Cleanup and Mold Prevention
If water damage is found in drywall, carpet or ceiling tiles, it needs to be removed as soon as possible. The drying process and water damage cleanup will prevent mold from spreading. Mold can cause more than just damage to your home. It will also cause a person to develop health issues, such as chronic illnesses or asthma. Inhaling contaminants from mold can even cause you to have memory loss. That’s why it’s important to have a mold-free property inside and out.
If there is a storage area, that must be kept clean and dry as well. Moisture should not be seeping through. Fresh air should be circulating in order to prevent additional moisture from coming in. Should you have an experience with water intrusion and water damage in the San Diego area, technicians are available to assist with any your water damage cleanup needs.