Why Mold Removal is Best Done by a Water Damage Restoration Company
Have you had a household flood? Perhaps from a roof leak? Your home most likely received water damage, and one unpleasant and harmful result of water damage is often mold. Mold is created by excessive moisture, and is unsafe to your overall health. Mold remediation is very important to keep a safe and healthy environment within your home.
Getting your home a mold inspection from a flood restoration company can save your health and prevent any further problems. Three reasons to get your structure inspected for mold are:
- You have respiratory or allergy symptoms. If your symptoms are relatively new and medication is not helping, then have a mold inspection conducted to see if mold is the culprit.
- You notice a musty smell in certain areas of your home. Your home may have mold in areas you cannot see, but you’re likely to smell it.
- You have experienced water damage from a flood, broken pipe or leaking roof.
If a mold inspection or mold assessment reveals that your home does indeed have mold you will need to have the mold removed. Mold removal, also known as mold remediation, will need to occur to avoid the spread of mold into other areas of the structure. Mold remediation should be done as quickly as possible to avoid:
- Structural Damage: Mold can grow on places like support beams and eat away at the wood. This can cause significant structural damage, which can be costly and unsafe.
- Poor Health: Mold can cause respiratory and allergy symptoms, along with headaches, nose bleeds and black mold poisoning. These can happen in both animals and humans.
- Increased Cost: The longer mold grows, the more likely it is to spread and cause more damage. Fixing the problem early means saving money in the long run.
Call a Professional San Diego Flood Restoration Company
A professional flood restoration company should always do mold remediation because they have all the necessary equipment, training and cleaning products to effectively rid the structure of mold. Attempting to remove mold yourself can be more expensive, as you’ll have to buy products and equipment, and more than likely lack required knowledge and training to perform the task.
Many times individuals attempt mold remediation themselves, only to have pay the professionals later to fix their mistakes. Start off right. Get a mold inspection from Gold Coast Flood Restorations. We are a highly skilled and professional flood restoration company that has served the San Diego area for over 25 years. If mold is present, then rest assured that Gold Coast Flood is fully prepared to do their finest mold remediation services for you!